Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Surely not!

I'm not sure when or how it happened but at some point in the last few months I seem to have crossed an invisible line. At first I thought it was a random happening but it now occurs on a regular basis. Somehow, I have become a person for whom people relinguish their seats on buses.

Now I don't wish to sound ungrateful and I am very pleased that there are so many well brought up people around but it is a little unnerving. How can the energetic, youthful person that I am inside look as though I need to sit down?

4 comments:

  1. This happened to me some time ago - but then, I've attributed it to my grey hair. I'm now at the stage where I accept the seat with a beaming smile and profuse thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ! I'm profusely grateful when young people stand up for me on the train - which by no means is every time it's crowded! But I have to restrain myself from the automatic urge to stand up for people who are MY OWN age or thereabouts - after all, I'm not really as old as them - am I? :o)
    Grandma Flea

    ReplyDelete
  3. no you just look tired - that is all

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love being offered a seat on the bus! I tell myself it's because I look wise and warm and wonderful. Tired? Old? Haggard? No way!

    ReplyDelete