I will admit to having a few little foibles - but there is usually a reason for them. I prefer to sit on the left side of a bus, for example. But that is because I usually knit on the bus and prefer not to have my right arm hard up against the side of the bus. And I don't like buying shoes that have been on display in the shop but this is because so few shops insist that people wear those sock things to try on shoes. Call me fussy but I don't fancy buying shoes that have been worn - however briefly - by someone else's bare feet. Particularly in summer.
I'm not sure that my knitting foibles are based on any sort of reason, though. I get quite stressed if I have to put a project down having just completed a right side row. Why is this? I don't know - I just prefer to finish on a wrong side row.
I don't like knitting projects that don't use up a complete skein. Now this is clearly ridiculous but I find myself avoiding knitting items that use less than one skein.
I have a not inconsiderable stash of yarn but am reluctant to use some of it. Again, why? Why am I saving any yarn? Am I waiting for the perfect project to appear? It's all getting a little out of hand so I am going to make a concerted effort to knit from my stash and to base my project selection on the suitability of the yarn, rather than the amount of it.
2 weeks ago

I don't like finishing on the right side row either!! I think it's because I dislike purling - so hate to start my knitting with a purl row!
ReplyDelete