Sunday, October 18, 2009

Spring! Sprung!!



Over the last few days, I've felt that Spring is finally here. Daylight Savings has helped but the weather is also better and things just feel a bit more optimistic and full of possibilities. Of course, I was brought up with Spring happening at the other end of the year. I loved seeing the primroses and snowdrops appear but my favourite wild flowers were bluebells.





I bought a large bunch at the Orange Grove Markets the other day. When I was a child, you were still allowed to pick them and the woods near our home were carpeted in the most amazing blue blooms. I think that's why I like jacaranda trees so much - they remind me of my childhood.


I also finished and blocked Springtime Bandit - and didn't run out of yarn this time.





What a great pattern - I loved knitting it and the Knitabulous Fifty-fifty yarn was wonderful to knit with.


Of course, Spring means spring cleaning. So we had the inaugural Stash re-allocation last Saturday. It was a great afternoon with lots of lovely yarn to drool over, bubbles to drink, yummy food and knitting time with good friends. I have already been outed by Rosered as the owner of the suitcase (it was a small cabin bag, people) full of yarn. I did manage to come away Yarn Neutral from that exercise but can't guarantee that I will maintain that status for the rest of the month particularly as Morris_and_Sons have a big sale on.

2 comments:

  1. Really, I was just envious that you managed to bring lots, get rid of lots, and buy hardly anything (or nothing!)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for the suit case I say
    love the springtime bandit - beautiful colourway

    ReplyDelete