Friday, January 8, 2010

In with the new....

It's taken me a while to get around to tallying up the knitting output for 2009. This was partly due to me feeling hat my productivity was pathetic in comparison to others. We were talking about this at knitting group and I came to realise that it doesn't matter. I enjoyed most of the projects I embarked on during the year. Those that were less than satisfactory have been frogged and will become new, more enjoyable ones this year. So here it is - what I finished last year.

As for New Year's Resolutions - I never keep them so would be setting myself up for failure if I made any. And goals are far too specific for me. I have decided that I will have aspirations this year. I shall aspire to knit from my stash (packing up for the house move made me realise how much I had accumulated), to finish more projects this year and to not buy yarn unless I have a specific project in mind. My other aspirations include getting fit, losing weight (10 kilos in 2010) and staying in contact with friends and family.

2 comments:

  1. I like the idea of New Year aspirations - though I'm not sure they have a greater chance of succeeding. But I guess that's not the point. The point is that you don't feel such a failure for not fulfilling them. All in all, a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your aspirations very much! No doubt I shall put on the 10kg that you will be losing! That's a fair swap I think!!

    ReplyDelete