So there have been a number of crafty events over the last few weeks. First up was the Guild meeting and an excellent talk on blocking by the very talented Randomknits. I know Donna was nervous but she did a brilliant job. After that we adjourned to the Abraham Mott Hall in the Rocks for WWKIP. A lovely afternoon of knitting, socialising and perhaps a bottle or two of bubbles. Sally did a fantastic job of organising the event despite being laid up in hospital with a broken hip. It was great to see her up and about (albeit still on crutches) and I know that all 92 of us had a great afternoon.
The following week the Craft show rolled into town. We went on Saturday so that R's mum (visiting from Adelaide) could see the quilts - some of which were amazing! I was fairly restrained in the yarn acquisition department as I only bought a couple of balls from Bendigo Woollen Mills.

The next day I was back at the Craft show helping out on the Guild stand. We weren't very busy so it was a relaxed few hours knitting.
A couple of ideas for projects had been percolating overnight so two cones of Habu and some more Bendigo yarn (which was reduced even further!) fell into my basket.

And yes - for once I do have projects in mind for this yarn!


No comments:
Post a Comment