On Friday evening we went to the Drama Theatre at the Sydney Opera House to see Waiting for Godot . It is a great production with an excellent cast.
Saturday we were up early for the drive to Coffs Harbour. Great knitting time for me with the occasional stop for food and comfort breaks. We stayed at an amazing B & B just outside Coffs - Santa Fe has (unsurprisingly) a Mexican theme. We had a lovely, very comfortable room with a deck and spa. As we were the only guests that weekend we had the run of the guest lounge. Our host, Sharon, provided us with a wonderful breakfast each morning - lovely!
Breakfast was the culinary highlight of each day. A very ordinary soup in Dorrigo for lunch on Sunday - the hail drove us to take shelter in the nearest cafe we could find. And dinner that evening was an experience! Being winter and a Sunday evening, not much was open. We tried to eat here but were turned away by the surly owner despite the many empty tables because he and his wife were the only staff on duty. We later found out that he has reputation for being extremely unpleasant and that the food is equally as bad. The Indian restaurant that we ended up at was not much better. I do object to paying for curry consisting of the meat being tossed into a not very nice sauce and gluggy rice.
After inspecting R's property on Monday morning we headed back to Sydney. Again, I got a lot of knitting done and finished the 10 in 2010 shawlette (dreadful name) I had been working on. Just needs to be blocked.Also on the knitting front the final shipment from the Knitabulous Black Japan club arrived. A stunning grey fifty- fifty called Samurai Sword.

And another piece of good news - I finally located the pattern for the cardigan I almost completed last year and also found the piece that I was working on. Hurrah!

No comments:
Post a Comment