Monday, September 27, 2010

A Disorganised Knitter

My working life occasionally involves developing and putting in place information management taxonomies. So you would think that I would be good at organising, sorting and classifying. Somehow, when it comes to my home life, all these skills depart and I seem to live in a perpetual muddle. I can't even describe it as organised chaos!



My stash is a good example. Although I do try to store similar yarns together, I don't really have a firm idea of what I have or where it is. So I have decided to really use the organisational tools available in Ravelry and to document my stash. This is a somewhat scary and daunting proposition. It will mean that I will have to confront the size of the stash (or yarn collection according to Randomknits ). I am working through my stashes - the home one and the office one - and photographing, uploading and sorting. I may surface eventually!

3 comments:

  1. heh heh office stash!

    You are a braver woman than I!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pretend half or more of the stash isn't really there.
    And it is your hobby not work - and it is insulation anyway...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness you are brave! I dont think I could ever update my stash on ravelry as I would feel too guilty!

    ReplyDelete