Monday, August 10, 2009

Dipping my toe in the water

I have come to blogging a bit late. I think this is because I am by nature a very private person and I do feel somewhat self conscious here. However, I am inspired by the brave and generous way in which so many of my knitting friends share their thoughts about life and about the craft that we all love, so here I am dipping my toe in the water and seeing what happens. Also, as many (many) people know, I am about to take off to the UK for my son's wedding, so a blog seemed like a good way of sharing that experience.


So I have been very preoccupied with preparing for my trip, and searching without success for the perfect outfit. I have now resigned myself to intensive shopping as soon as I get there. With any luck that will be sorted soon after arrival and I can then focus on the serious business of yarn acquisition!

I am taking along a couple of projects. This has also been a major decision process and nearly as stressful as the fruitless search for a Mother of the Groom outfit. I am going to attempt Boteh (a crochet scarf) on the flight over as bamboo crochet hooks don't seem to be nearly as confronting as knitting needles. I have some Knitabulous yarn in Hyacinth for that. And I may get around to some more socks - Needlefood Lollipop is destined for that project.



In the meantime, an almost finished project: a jacket for my work colleagues soon-to-be-born baby boy.








Pattern: Phazelia's Mitred Jacket (Rav link)



Yarn: Grignasco Strong Print Sock Yarn

No comments:

Post a Comment