A phrase coined by a good friend of ours from Korea - who used to live here so is entitled to describe it thus.
My brother met me at Heathrow yesterday morning and drove me here - to the town where I grew up and where my daughter now lives. It is always strange to come back here where things are so familiar and yet so changed.
The second leg of my trip to London was very pleasant as I was moved into the First Class cabin. Thirteen hours of being gratuitously fawned over made the journey much easier! I slept thanks to having a comfortable bed with doona and did actually get to do some more work on Boteh. Not sure that it will ever become a FO though.
Today was my daughter's birthday. We had a late night last night, a late start today and a long session at the pub this evening. Tomorrow my son, his fiancee and my brother are coming for a birthday barbecue. And no doubt The Wedding will be the main topic of conversation!
3 weeks ago

No comments:
Post a Comment