Saturday, September 12, 2009

More yarn




I have to confess that there was some yarn acquisition on my recent trip in addition to that mentioned earlier. And here it is:











I paid a visit to the LYS close to where my daughter lives. Avicraft is tucked away in a row of shops some distance from the main town centre. The shops are generally individually owned and not the major shopping chains which gives the area a more local feel. I had a lovely time chatting to Sharon and browsing through the yarns. I bought some Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk DK which was on sale and hard to resist. It will be a cardi for my daughter.










During the many shopping trips in the quest for the Mother of the Groom outfit, I found myself in various branches of JohnLewis. John Lewis is a great department store and I love the way the floors are set out. Each store has a good haberdashery - don't you love that word? - department with a wide range of Rowan, Noro, Debbie Bliss and Aracaunia yarns. There were probably others but they were the ones I noticed most. I bought some Rowan Silky Tweed and some Wendy Happy bamboo blend sock wool.









I also succumbed to the Posh yarn online sale frenzy and scored (from left to right) some Esme merino sock yarn, Diana silk & merino lace weight and Miranda alpaca, silk and cashmere cobweb laceweight.












And now I am on a strict yarn diet but relishing planning projects to utilise all this yarn!

3 comments:

  1. I'm also looking forward to the outcomes from what must have been a fun splurge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurrah for more yarn! The colour of that DB, what a beautiful deep blue - yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for a Yarn aquisition.

    The yarn looks stunning.

    ReplyDelete