Sadly not a reference to Frankin Habit's book of the same name. I have not been feeling 100% for some time and felt vaguely unwell at the excellent M&S Christmas High Tea. On Sunday morning I woke up itching from a rash on my trunk. Dr Google confirmed my suspicions that it was shingles and my real life doctor seconded that opinion. Which explains the burning back pain of earlier in the week and general malaise. So now I'm on aggressive anti-viral medication which I'm hoping will fix the shingles and also my knitting doldrums.
I am assured that barring physical contact with the rash I am not contagious so all my fellow tea party-goers should not be concerned.
I am using my ailment as a valid excuse to defer the stash total confession.
Current works in progress include Flutter Scarf using Posh yarn Beatrice. It's a lovely yarn and a soothing pattern to knit.
This is such bad news - though I guess there is some relief in having your lassitude and un-wellness of the last few weeks explained. I hope the anti-viral medication does its job. The flutter scarf seems a perfect recovery project.
ReplyDeleteShingles is yuck! Get better soon, recovery projects compulsory and very therapuetic.
ReplyDeleteGood to know you've got a good excuse for the icks the past week, hope the drugs do the trick!
ReplyDeleteShall I remind you about your stash confession next week?? Tee hee!