How young emergency service workers are these days? I was pondering this last week as I was standing in the street in my nightie in Darwin at 4 a.m. As I evacuated the hotel with the other guests I was thinking that were my daughter there she would have been excited that there would be firies to look at once we got outside. And there were - but they were all so young a couple of them looked as though they might have been on work experience.
The week in Darwin went downhill after that as I succumbed to the stomach bug that is going round. So no nice snaps of the bay or Mindil beach market as I spent the time in the office or in the hotel room. Or more specifically in the bathroom in each of those places.
Oh well - at least I lost 2.5 kilos!
3 weeks ago

Ick my two worst travel nghtmares illness and evacuation in the one week.
ReplyDeleteOh noes! What a shame. At least you can laugh about it. (You can still laugh, can't you?)
ReplyDeleteOh Sue! What a week you had in Darwin - ugh! Hope you are feeling better now. And those work experience kiddies put the fire out (or turned off the false alarm, whichever was the case!)
ReplyDelete